Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AnneC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sorting Fields on Graph Disappear After Publication

We have been running an app on Power BI for a while now and our front end charts are sorted by a specific field in order to create a progressive purple line across the chart as follows:

AnneC_1-1637635232995.png

With the three dots on the top right corner, this data was sorted by one of the fields used in this graph, which is a line value and not an axis. Prior to publication all the options of the data to sort the graph by are available, ie:

AnneC_2-1637636849625.png

However, on the latest version of Power BI, after publication all the sort options disappear, and only the options are limited to the two axis, ie:

AnneC_3-1637637037492.png

And as you can see, it totally messes up the graph.  How do I get all the sort options to reappear after publication?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please note that I am an intermediate level user and not familiar with coding, so please keep the advice fairly simple if possible 🙂 Thanks.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnneC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your responses, I did find a workaround by adding the field to the tooltips and it was then available for the sort options, so my graphic is working again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AnneC
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your responses, I did find a workaround by adding the field to the tooltips and it was then available for the sort options, so my graphic is working again. 

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AnneC 

This issue has been admitted as an Known Issue in PBI Service. Its ETA for fix is 12/5/2021 and there is no workaround currently. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @AnneC ,

It seems that you have an issue with Power BI Desktop and not Power BI Mobile apps. Can you please post your question in Power BI Desktop forum: Desktop - Microsoft Power BI Community? There is greater chance to get the right people looking at it there...

Thanks Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors