Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ramramd
Regular Visitor

Regd Power BI Mobile app Vs Native mobile app consuming power BI API

Hi,

I know that dashboards published to msit power BI site can be viewed on power BI mobile as is.

Recently, I found below link to integrate power BI reports into mobile using power BI API.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-integrate-report/

After reading it, I did not understand in what way this API is going to help as we can see the dashboards directly with power BI mobile app. I want to understand as to when using the Power BI API is going to help as compared to going with power BI mobile app to view dashboards directly.  Can you pls clarify.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ramramd

The Power BI REST API provides programmatic access to Power BI dashboard resources. The document you have read is about integrating Power BI report into web or client app, not mobile app. 

Reference:
What can developers do with Power BI?

Overview of Power BI REST API

Power BI REST API reference

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ramramd

The Power BI REST API provides programmatic access to Power BI dashboard resources. The document you have read is about integrating Power BI report into web or client app, not mobile app. 

Reference:
What can developers do with Power BI?

Overview of Power BI REST API

Power BI REST API reference

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors