Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jan_Trummel
Helper III
Helper III

Mobile for iPhone doesn't show images

Hello to the forum,

the Power BI app on my iPhone doesn't show images:
iPhone App doesn't show imagesiPhone App doesn't show images

However, when I look at the report on my computer in the Power BI service (via the browser), I see the images:
In Power BI service on my computer I see picturesIn Power BI service on my computer I see pictures

Power BI loads the images from a SharePoint folder:
The table "Pictures"The table "Pictures"

The "Picture URL" column is marked as Image URL, the "Web URL" column is marked as Web URL.

Does anyone have an idea why it doesn't work on the iPhone app (version 30.4)?

PS: By the way, the images are not displayed when I log into the Power BI service on my iPhone via the browser. I have an iPhone 12 with iOS version 17.2.1.

Tanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Jan_Trummel,

If you can't migrate these images to the site can't be anonymous accessed, you can also try to store the images file to binary string into the power bi. You can refer to the following blog about stored image file to table:

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jan_Trummel
Helper III
Helper III

Hello @v-shex-msft ,

thank you for your detailed reply! The problem is probably that the image URLs are not accessible anonymously because they point to a SharePoint folder. Since we are talking about product images that are only intended to be used internally, anonymous URLs are out of the question.
(I'm not a SharePoint expert. Is it even possible to configure a folder on SharePoint so that it can be accessed without logging in?)

But I'm still surprised that the iPhone app doesn't display the images correctly since I'm logged into the app with my Microsoft account. This means the app also has access to the SharePoint folder, doesn't it? After all, it works even if I look at the report in the browser on my computer.

Regarding your other points:
⦁ The URLs are correctly marked as image URL and the URLs are formatted correctly.
⦁ I tested the report in Safari, Chrome and Edge browsers on my iPhone. In all cases no images are displayed. I'm particularly surprised about the Edge browser, since I'm logged in there with my Microsoft account.

Do you have any other ideas? Could it perhaps be a setting in the iPhone?

Thanks and best regards
Jan

Hi @Jan_Trummel,

If you can't migrate these images to the site can't be anonymous accessed, you can also try to store the images file to binary string into the power bi. You can refer to the following blog about stored image file to table:

Storing Images in a PowerBI/Analysis Services Data Models 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-shex-msft ,

I think this the only possible solution for my problem.

Regards,

Jan

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Jan_Trummel,

Can you please share some more detailed information? They may help us clarify and troubleshoot on this scenario.

Ensure Image URLs are Anonymously Accessible:

For images to be displayed in the Power BI mobile app, the image URLs must be anonymously accessible. This means that no login should be required to view the images. Since you're using SharePoint to host the images, please ensure that the images are shared in a way that they can be accessed without any authentication. (you can refer to the documentation on displaying images in Power BI on mobile devices for more details on how to properly embed and share images for mobile viewing)

Check for URL Formatting Issues:

Sometimes, the way URLs are formatted can cause issues with image display on mobile devices. Ensure that the "Picture URL" column in your table is correctly marked as an Image URL and that the URLs are correctly formatted. It might be helpful to test with a single image by manually entering the URL in a browser on your iPhone to see if the image loads without any issues.

Check for device web browser settings:

BTW, the phone web browser settings may affect the contents usages. Please doublecheck on these settings to confirm if they block the requests. You can also try to use other type of web browsers if the image URLs can be recognized.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors