Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RedBuiltUser
Regular Visitor

City field not being recognized in Geo Filter

As the title says, I am trying to get my city field to be usable in the Geo Filter. For some reason it isn't letting me use it. I have categorized the field as city. The Geo Filter allows me to use zip code from my Place field and State from my State field, but not city.

I'm not sure what to show, but here is a screenshot of the data information of the field.

RedBuiltUser_0-1708961070194.png

I don't know if it matters, but I am in a city that is in that field. Not sure what else to try.

3 REPLIES 3
RedBuiltUser
Regular Visitor

Still no solution to this. My "Place" has address, city, state, and zip code in it. This seems to produce the zip code in the geo filter. The "State" catergory is working, and it is showing up in the Geo filter. City is still not, and I'm not sure why it wouldn't. The field is categorized, and there are cities in the field. Even the city I am in is in it that field, so it should be picking it up.

Is anyone else not having this issue, and the city is working fine? Maybe it is how i have it setup?

mshenhav
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hey @RedBuiltUser ,

Are you using your mobile app for activating the geo filtering?

Thanks Maya

Yes, I am. I didn't know you could even do it on the desktop. And yes I did allow Power BI to see my location. State and Zip code works fine, it's just not allowing me to see city at all. I do have city in the hierarchy as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors