Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jonaskrbl

Interactions between filter on mobile vs desktop version

Hello, 

i am trying to convert a desktop version of a report to a mobile version. Everything works great besides one thing.

On my desktop version I have edited that the "year" filter doesn't affect a table with values. This was made with the "edit interactions" option in the "visual interactions" menu. This works for the desktop version.

When I look into my mobile version the "year" filter is filtering the table with values even tough I haven't editet the interactions.

So to sum this up: With the same preferences I get different solutions for the desktop and the mobile version because in the desktop the "year" doesn't filter the table but in the mobile version it does.

Logically I want both versions to behave the same.

Also I can't edit the interactions of visuals (one filters or not filters the other) in the mobile version.

I hope there is a solution for this problem.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jonaskrbl 

I am sorry for this inconvenience; we are planning to have the fix in the next Power BI Desktop release.

Thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @jonaskrbl,

Thank you for sharing.

We do have a bug and we are working on a fix.

Meanwhile please be aware that if no change has been done to mobile visual setting in the report (using the new feature “Mobile formatting setting”) , while you will experience the issue in the desktop mobile layout it will work properly when viewing the report in the mobile  app.

Thanks,

Michal

Hello @michalfoster ,

many many thanks for the quick answer and the open communication. 

Because this is affecting our intern dashboard launch I would appreciate  a comment on a timescale for fixing this issue. 

Are we talking about days or months?

This would affect our next actions so many thanks for this in advance and a nice day for you and your team. 😊

Jonas

Hi @jonaskrbl ,

The support for the Interaction in mobile formatting is available in Desktop April release.
I hope you find it useful
Thanks,
Michal

Hi @jonaskrbl 

I am sorry for this inconvenience; we are planning to have the fix in the next Power BI Desktop release.

Thanks,

Michal

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors