Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

eisaac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data Pipeline Scheduled Run reports Success but doesn't modify Warehouse

I've setup a pipeline that pulls data from a lakehouse (with shortcuts to tables in another workspace) into a data-warehouse via two stored procedures.

It succeeds when I run the pipline manually, or when I schedule it for the near future (5 - 15 minutes from the current time). However, every overnight run reports success, runs for the appropriate time, but does not seem to actually modify the data-warehouse (I'm checking via the max time-stamp in the source vs. the destination tables).

Has anyone else observed anything similar, or know an appropriate workaround for the time being? I will file a bug as soon as I find the appropriate place to do so (I'm relatively new to Fabric, and these forums). 

More info - I've tried having the data pipleine use scripts instead of stored procedures, adding a step that runs the same time-stamp check in the warehouse (to check if it may be a sync issue, and my test queries were forcing an endpoint refresh), and tried deleting and recreating the pipeline already. I've also tried increasing the time between the ingest in the source workspace and the pipeline, but still saw the same behavior (the original period I tried was a 2 hour difference between the two, increased to 4 hours to test if that was an issue).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
eisaac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Support got back to me quickly; we found a workaround that involves running the pipeline twice (the second time, it succeeds). It sounds like I'm not the only person who has observed this bug, and the product team is working on a fix.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eisaac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Support got back to me quickly; we found a workaround that involves running the pipeline twice (the second time, it succeeds). It sounds like I'm not the only person who has observed this bug, and the product team is working on a fix.

Element115
Power Participant
Power Participant

Are you using any pipeline variables to filter the rows you want to ingest from the source?  And if so, do you use only 1 such variable but have 2 different Set variable activities modifying this variable in conjuction with a conditional IF activity?

No variables used, no IF activity; the procedure is actually runnable as a Script, but I put it as a Procedure because that is where the other developers I am working with would think to look for it.

Dronec
Helper II
Helper II

Looks like a bug for me. I usually log the support tickets for Fabric here: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors