Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

merestarks

getting started paginated reports

Hello! I'm looking to introduce paginated reports into my company power bi reporting. I've watched some youtube tutorials and have read microsoft articles about creating reports with report builder. I'm having troubles, though, with the more technical side of the process. It seems to require more coding knowledge than what is needed for my Power BI reports. Any suggestions on the best path to follow to get a solid foundation for creating filterable paginated reports? Everything seems to assume I have SQL knowledge. My end goal is to use paginated visuals within existing Power BI reports. Any guidance would be appreciated!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @merestarks ,

It's great to hear that you're exploring the power of paged reports in Power BI. Paged reports are designed to be printed or shared to display all of the data in a table even if the table spans multiple pages, and you have precise control over their report page layout.

The Power BI Paginated Reports in a Day video-based course empowers you as a report author with the technical knowledge required to create, publish, and distribute Power BI paginated reports. 

Power BI Paginated Reports in a Day course - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Understand the meaning of paging reports, restrictions and the difference between Power BI Service:

What are paginated reports in Power BI? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create paged reports to publish to Power BI Service, familiarize yourself with the interface and functionality by following the tutorials and experimenting with the sample reports.

Tutorial: Create a paginated report and upload it to the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Lea...

Sample Power BI paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best of luck on your journey to mastering paginated reports in Power BI!

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @merestarks ,

It's great to hear that you're exploring the power of paged reports in Power BI. Paged reports are designed to be printed or shared to display all of the data in a table even if the table spans multiple pages, and you have precise control over their report page layout.

The Power BI Paginated Reports in a Day video-based course empowers you as a report author with the technical knowledge required to create, publish, and distribute Power BI paginated reports. 

Power BI Paginated Reports in a Day course - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Understand the meaning of paging reports, restrictions and the difference between Power BI Service:

What are paginated reports in Power BI? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Create paged reports to publish to Power BI Service, familiarize yourself with the interface and functionality by following the tutorials and experimenting with the sample reports.

Tutorial: Create a paginated report and upload it to the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Lea...

Sample Power BI paginated reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best of luck on your journey to mastering paginated reports in Power BI!

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.