Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

razieh12
Frequent Visitor

Showing measure in rows

Hello

I have a question and appreciate if someone provide me with the solution.

My  data is 2 tables: Speed Table and Productivity Table.

Speed Table:

City

Column1

Column2

Column3

A

B

C

D

A

B

C

D

Productivity Table:

City

Fac1

Fac2

A

B

C

D

A

B

C

D

And I want to create this matrix from these tables

razieh12_0-1695915731195.png

by grouping by the data of speed table and productivity tables and pivoting them and appending these two table I can create the below matrix:

razieh12_1-1695915730832.png

My main challenge is the Fac1/Fac2. I dont know how to add this measure in the maxtrix. I appreciate it if some one can help me. Fac1/Fac2 means divide( Fac1,Fac2).

the values in matrix is the calculate (sum( column1)), calculate (sum( column2)),calculate (sum( column3)),calculate (sum( fac1)),calculate (sum( fac2)), divide( Fac1,Fac2)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Ibendlin,

Thank you for your solution. However, I have found a better approach that I'd like to share here.

To begin, I wanted to visualize both data columns (column 1, column 2, column 3, fac1, and fac2) and the measure I created (Measure) in a matrix visualization. 

What I did was add an additional column in the productivity table using Power Query. I named this column "Measure" and inserted a value of 0. Afterward, I pivoted the table and grouped it by the productivity table with fac1, fac2, and the new column I created. Then, I appended this table with the speed table. In the speed table, I also pivoted and grouped by column 1, column 2, and column 3.

Below is the resulting table I created using Power Query.

razieh12_0-1696336704233.png

I created this measure and drag it in the value field of Matrix:

Measure=if(SELECTEDVALUE(Append1[Attribute])="Measure",CALCULATE(SUM(Append1[Value]),Append1[Attribute]="Fac1")/CALCULATE(SUM(Append1[Value]),Append1[Attribute]="Fac2"),

CALCULATE(SUM(Append1[Value]))
and I drag the attribute to the row  of matrix and city to the column of matrix.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

something like this?

lbendlin_0-1696027235322.png

Hello Ibendlin,

Thank you for your solution. However, I have found a better approach that I'd like to share here.

To begin, I wanted to visualize both data columns (column 1, column 2, column 3, fac1, and fac2) and the measure I created (Measure) in a matrix visualization. 

What I did was add an additional column in the productivity table using Power Query. I named this column "Measure" and inserted a value of 0. Afterward, I pivoted the table and grouped it by the productivity table with fac1, fac2, and the new column I created. Then, I appended this table with the speed table. In the speed table, I also pivoted and grouped by column 1, column 2, and column 3.

Below is the resulting table I created using Power Query.

razieh12_0-1696336704233.png

I created this measure and drag it in the value field of Matrix:

Measure=if(SELECTEDVALUE(Append1[Attribute])="Measure",CALCULATE(SUM(Append1[Value]),Append1[Attribute]="Fac1")/CALCULATE(SUM(Append1[Value]),Append1[Attribute]="Fac2"),

CALCULATE(SUM(Append1[Value]))
and I drag the attribute to the row  of matrix and city to the column of matrix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.