Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Scatter Chart with Areas Shaded by Percentile

Afternoon,

I was working on a project after just seeing the new Symmetry shading feature and how incredibly useful that is, it bridges the gap visualy and how allows you to cluster/show the critical differences between a large number of datapoints.

I've had a look on the Custom Visual store and around the internet, but I couldn't find a solution.

I was wondering if anyone would either know or be able share some thoughts upon how difficult it would be to create a scatter plot where you could shade different areas of the visual background by the percentile bounds of a selected axis. As in, you could have three bounds, 0-25% which shows the lowest 25-75% which shows normality and 75-100% which shows the highest. From that you intuitivly easily see when there are extreme values, etc.

A funnel chart is an idea I've thought about as well.

I thought of doing this with standard deviation but the ARIMA expondential smoothing analytics feature was removed a while ago.

Interesting Link: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Scatter-plot-different-color-shade/m-p/207370#M91377

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ElliotP,

Alternatively, add Percentile Line in the Analytics pane.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's the current plan

@ElliotP,

To help improve Power BI, you may submit an idea.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.