Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nicci
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh Issues After Publishing

Hi All,

I have a very strange issue. I have a visual that is a table with information from 2 seperate databases on the same server. When setting up the data model I've connected via SQL server and made the appropriate relationships, no issues. In Desktop everything works.

After I publish it and it refreshes the data the table and visuals completely disappear/come up blank. There are no errors during my refresh. I am using an on prem data gateway that connects to the 2 databases. Has anyone came accross this issue? It is hard to troubleshoot since I cannot replicate it in the desktop file.

Also there are many other pages and visuals that use data from both databases and works fine so I know the gateway is working and setup properly otherwise all the data wouldn't work. The only difference I can tell is this specific page with visuals has table data with columns from both whereas the other visuals that work are more custom measures filtering both databases but not directly selecting columns from each table in each database into a table visual.

Please help! Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hover over the visual in the service and validate the filters that are applied. Something in those filters prevents your data from showing.

View solution in original post

Thank you, that is exactly what happened. One of my filters was a true/false column that i converted to text it seems and the filter was = true, but when it published it retained the filter to = true, but after a refresh the other options were 0 and 1 (binary data type). So I had to readjust the column back to true/false and lock that filter and now it works great!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hover over the visual in the service and validate the filters that are applied. Something in those filters prevents your data from showing.

Thank you, that is exactly what happened. One of my filters was a true/false column that i converted to text it seems and the filter was = true, but when it published it retained the filter to = true, but after a refresh the other options were 0 and 1 (binary data type). So I had to readjust the column back to true/false and lock that filter and now it works great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.