Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cbks
Regular Visitor

Refresh Dataset REST API in Power Automate

Hi,

I'm testing the use of the Power BI action 'Refresh a Dataset' in Power Automate for two datasets in the same workspace and I'm getting a strange outcome for one of them.

cbks_0-1651694714852.png

For one of my datasets, I am getting the expected outcome, which is the specified dataset refreshes and in the Refresh history UI I can see, under 'Schedualed', my API working with type 'ViaApi'.

cbks_1-1651694838692.png

However, I'm getting an odd result for the second dataset. This dataset is within the same workspace.

Instead it is failing because for some reason it is apearing under 'OneDrive' and Type 'On-demand'.

cbks_2-1651695040297.png

I know that On-demand is not supported by the Get Refresh History API with is the GET version of the above Post service, I'm not too interested in the On-demand/OneDrive path. I just need all refresh requests to follow the 'Schedualed'/ 'ViaApi' path.

I have also tried building this particular API service as a custom connector and get the same results.

Everything is the same, even the connection used, apart from the datasetId.

Any insight would be much appreciated, thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cbks ,

What is the data source of the second dataset? Is it OneDrive? Judging from the message inside the Refresh history, it is possible that the account is unavailable. You can refer to the link below to activate the account.

Reactivate an account that has been blocked

Alternatively, you can run the REST API below to get the refresh history of the second dataset.

Datasets - Get Refresh History

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.