Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ddelapasse

Question on api methods for multitenant setup

Hi!  I've read the nice multitenant page here but I'm new to PowerBI and have some questions.  We have a multitenant webapp and plan to embed both the designer and the viewer and provide unique data sources per tenant (per PBI profile).  We've done some POC and it worked great BUT I have questions about the steps given in that article:

1) create a profile per tenant
2) set profile permissions <--- but what permissions?  I have unique db credentials to the tenant's sql server reporting tables but I think that is part of the workspace setup below.  So what do I need to set as far as the profile itself?
3) create the workspace per tenant

4) again there is mention of permissions here without specifics.  I know the profile needs permission to the workspace.

5) at this point do I attach my datasource (per db or per table) to the workspace?  

If anyone can give me a broad idea for #2,4 & 5 I would really appreciate this as I google my way!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ddelapasse,

Perhaps you can take a look at the document about power bi embedded with RLS if this helps with your scenario:
Using standard cloud based row-level security with embedded content in Power BI embedded analytics -...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ddelapasse,

Perhaps you can take a look at the document about power bi embedded with RLS if this helps with your scenario:
Using standard cloud based row-level security with embedded content in Power BI embedded analytics -...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.