Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Premium Metrics App with more than 14 days of historical data

Hi all,

I am working on a project to monitor premium capacities within my organisation. I am using the Power BI Premium Metrics App:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-premium-metrics-app

The main issue I am having is the short history of the data. Metrics are only available for the previous 14 day period, yet I need a full history of this data.

The overall idea is to do an incremental load of this default dataset, and update the dataset each day to start to build out a history of capacity usage. How can I achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
SaiTejaTalasila
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

You need use power automate and you can store the interactive and background cpu details on daily basis to a SharePoint folder and you can built a report which is capable of showing cpu utilisation details for more than 14days.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The Metrics app is designed to provide near realtime stats on the health of your capacities.  What would be the point of keeping that history?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors