Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

鱼塘泛舟_Tony
Regular Visitor

PowerBI data is imported to Excel, why do I need to log in to Microsoft account every time I refresh

Hello everyone, I encountered the following problems when using Power BI: "Power BI model data import has been connected to Excel365 (Excel I have logged in to office 365 account), why do I need to log in to Microsoft account again every time I open refresh?" I really hope to get your help, thank you very much! Here's a screenshot of the question:532f2e42-2b81-4158-bc6b-f57a2bf70668.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @鱼塘泛舟_Tony ,

When you import data from Power BI into Excel, Excel needs to authenticate with Power BI to access the data. This authentication process requires you to sign in to your Microsoft account. Please try the following steps and check if they can resolve your problem:

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-yiruan-msft ,

I tried to follow the solution you gave, but it does not seem to solve the problem. My Excel is the latest version, and I have logged in the Microsoft account in advance, but I still need to log in again every time I open it to refresh data. In the first few months, the login window will not pop up, it can be directly refreshed.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,

Tony

Hello @鱼塘泛舟_Tony 

We have had this problem since the update in December / end of November. If we roll back to an old version of Office / Excel, for example from August 2023, then the window for authentication no longer appears. However, a refresh is still carried out without any problems. Just as it should normally behave. 😁

We have some Excel files in our company that are updated overnight. Since the latest versions of Office, this is no longer possible. We have also been in direct contact with Microsoft Support for several weeks, and they have already sent us a number of suggested solutions, but all without success.

What Microsoft is doing here is really extremely annoying and it looks like it affects all users who access their Power BI.

Hello,@ATFabi

Yeah, I can't agree with you more, I wonder if you have any solutions available? I want to implement automatic refreshes in the background, but I need authentication every time. I have been unable to find a solution, which makes me feel bad.

If I can't find a solution, I may have to use "automation" to implement it。

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.