Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tjems
Regular Visitor

PowerBI dashboard visual update when linked to time period filter (e.g year)

Hi, I have pinned a visual from a report that shows sales per month comparing this and last year. Currently the "Year" filter is explicit on "2017" and 2016".

My question is: When this year ends, I would like to the chart to automatically show "2018" vs "2017" without having to delete the dashboard visual and pin a new with this update. Even though this is not a big problem for just one dashboard visual, it becomes time consuming with increasing number of dashboards with the same visual (e.g. duplicate dashboards for Product A, Product B etc)

I have though about using a "IsInCurrentYear" and "IsInPreviousYear" calculated field to solve this. Any inputs on how to solve this?

Thanks! MA

2 REPLIES 2
tjems
Regular Visitor

Hi, I have pinned a visual from a report that shows sales per month comparing this and last year. Currently the "Year" filter is explicit on "2017" and 2016".

My question is: When this year ends, I would like to the chart to automatically show "2018" vs "2017" without having to delete the dashboard visual and pin a new with this update. Even though this is not a big problem for just one dashboard visual, it becomes time consuming with increasing number of dashboards with the same visual (e.g. duplicate dashboards for Product A, Product B etc)

I have though about using a "IsInCurrentYear" and "IsInPreviousYear" calculated field to solve this. Any inputs on how to solve this? 

Thanks!

MA

@tjems

Try a measure

Measure = YEAR(TODAY())&" VS "&YEAR(TODAY())-1

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.