Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

marcelr
Regular Visitor

PowerBI REST API - Streaming datasets

Hello everyone,

I have a problem using a PowerBI streaming dataset in my personal workspace.
Until a few days ago, I was able to send data via the corresponding (beta API endpoint) as shown in the API information:
https://api.powerbi.com/beta/xxxxx/datasets/xxxx/rows?key=xxxSOMEKEYXXX

Now I get a 401 not authorized error response.

What has changed? Can I no longer send data without a login (access token)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @hackcrr 

until a few days ago I was able to push data without any authentication headers.
Do you know where to find the changelog for the beta API?

I guess I need to register an app for PowerBI in Azure now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hackcrr
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi, @marcelr 

The 401 Unauthorized error response you are experiencing usually indicates that you sent a request that did not pass Power BI authentication or that the authentication credentials you provided are no longer valid. There are several possible causes and solutions for this situation:
Your access token may have expired or been revoked. You need to check if your token is still valid and consider reacquiring a new access token. Ensure that you have included the access token correctly in the request header and that it is formatted according to the Power BI API requirements.
If your account permissions have changed or the permission settings for a dataset have been altered, you may no longer be able to push data.
Sometimes, network configuration or firewall settings may block your request. Check your network connection and firewall settings to ensure that they do not prevent you from communicating with the Power BI API.
If you exceed the API limits, you may receive a 401 error or another type of error.
Please note that as you are using beta versions of the APIs, these may not be as stable as the production versions and may change at any time. Therefore, it is always recommended to pay close attention to the official documentation and changelogs to ensure that your code and requests are aligned with the latest API requirements.

Best Regards,

hackcrr

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @hackcrr 

until a few days ago I was able to push data without any authentication headers.
Do you know where to find the changelog for the beta API?

I guess I need to register an app for PowerBI in Azure now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors