Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sakshi
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Embedded-Not able to import report of 350 MB within the workspace

Hello All,

Through console app, I am trying to import Power BI report of 344 MB into the Power BI Embedded workspace and this results in 'Internal Server Error'.

This report uses import method and has ample amount of data. Then, I reduce the size of the report to 74 MB, still, the same error reproduces. I reduced the report size further to 5 MB and was able to successfully import the report into the workspace.

Kindly suggest how to increase the capacity of Power BI Embedded workspace to import 350 MB report successfully. What are the limitations of Power BI Embedded in terms of memory constraint and how to resolve them? Is this issue due to timeout during the import, as this process of importing report is taking ample amount of time? Is there a way to resolve these through alteration in the code of Console App downloaded through Github https://github.com/Azure-Samples/power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app/?

Please provide suggestions and workarounds to import a report containing the large size of data into Power BI Embedded workspace asap. 

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Sakshi

It works for me when testing importing a pbix file more than 600MB. I'm not seeing any online documentation mentioning the pbixi size limitation. Could you debug the console app to find the error message detail for the "Internal Server Error"?

By the way, just for your information.

Power BI Embedded now is covering with Power BI Service, thus not longer an Azure service in future. The current Power BI Embedded service(on azure) will continue to be available for a limited time. If you have already got Power BI workspace collections on azure, consider migrating them to Power BI Service.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Sakshi

It works for me when testing importing a pbix file more than 600MB. I'm not seeing any online documentation mentioning the pbixi size limitation. Could you debug the console app to find the error message detail for the "Internal Server Error"?

By the way, just for your information.

Power BI Embedded now is covering with Power BI Service, thus not longer an Azure service in future. The current Power BI Embedded service(on azure) will continue to be available for a limited time. If you have already got Power BI workspace collections on azure, consider migrating them to Power BI Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.