Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SABAnalytics

Power BI Custom Connector - Pricing

Hi community,

I would like t odevelop cusotm Power BI connector and require licencey key top use it. I could implement the logic inside the conndctor to check if the licence key ist valid.

Is this scenario thinkable? Cann it be approved and accepted by Microsoft?

Thanks

SAB Anayltics

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @SABAnalytics,

Sorry, it seems like I paste the wrong contents, here is the document about power bi customer connector and the requirement about certification it:(you can limit on the signing part to required user purchase the license)

Power Query Connector Certification - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SABAnalytics,

You can refer to the following document about custom visual certified and setting license payment of custom visual usages:

Get your Power BI visuals certified - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Frequently asked questions about Custom visual license management - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, that is not what I am looking for. I am aware of the link you provided. I am not looking help/advice about custom visuals but rather about custom connector :).

Thanks anywas
SAB Analytics

HI @SABAnalytics,

Sorry, it seems like I paste the wrong contents, here is the document about power bi customer connector and the requirement about certification it:(you can limit on the signing part to required user purchase the license)

Power Query Connector Certification - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.