Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mikoify
Frequent Visitor

Oauth2 scope required for SharePoint lists?

Hello,

We have a datasource that is of type "SharePointList".

According to the documentation https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/gateways/update-datasource, we are updating the OAuth2 credentials with an access token. However we always get a 400 error code. We also do this with an Azure SQL datasource and this work fine for that datasource type.

The documentation says "Set the OAuth 2.0 token audience correctly, according to the data source type.".

Can you specify which scope is required by the datasource type "SharePointList" so we can retrieve an appropriate access token that can be used to connect?

We tried:

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
mikoify
Frequent Visitor

Hello @v-rzhou-msft,

Can you check with your teams what is the scope required for getting an access token that we can set in the OAuth2 credentials for the SharePointList type datasource type ? Graph ? Others ?

Thank you!

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mikoify ,

As far as I know, if your data source is SharePoint, I think you can select connection type as SharePoint directly when you configure data source for gateway in Power BI Service.

vrzhoumsft_1-1691048496274.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but actually this was not my question as I was speaking about SharePoint Online (not on-premises) and using the APIs.

What is the scope required for getting an access token that we can set in the OAuth2 credentials of the SharePointList type datasource type ? Graph ? Others ?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.