Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MarkAu

MongoDB and PowerBi Connection

Good day

Anyone please assist with connecting to MongoDB via PowerBi? I am able to connect to the MongoDB via the compass application, but when I attempt to connect via PowerBi desktop the following error is noted:

MarkAu_2-1712844662067.png

3 REPLIES 3
MarkAu

Good day Thank you for the reply and information. However, I have followed these steps prior to posting on this board. The credentials are correct as I am able to access the DB via MongoDB Compass Application. Is the PowerBi desktop versions essential because i am using the one from teh App Store?

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @MarkAu ,

The reason for this error may be login credentials and whitelisted IP address issues.

You can try to clear the data source permissions in Power BI Desktop - File - Data Source settings - and re-edit.

vyangliumsft_0-1712900051409.png

Make sure you have the latest version of Power BI Desktop:

Download Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: Error connecting using ODBC for MongoDB in PBI, Co... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have been able to access the ODBC Ansi driver, but when tesing the connection it is not responding. I have double checked the IP address details, which is correct. I am completely lost at this stage and require your assistance?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.