Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

razieh1990
Helper I
Helper I

Live data stream from oracle to power bi

hello 

I have an inquiry and would be grateful for assistance. To avoid potential technical issues or causing Oracle to crash, I cannot establish a direct query connection. Nevertheless, I require a real-time data stream for my report, given the substantial daily data volume. Do you have any recommendations for creating a push dataset and maintaining a live data stream without causing any technical disruptions to the Oracle database?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

that's technically impossible. You cannot extract the data from Oracle without any performance impact. 

I don't know to what extent you can control your Oracle database - you could theoretically explore triggers there that would automatically push the rows upon inserts. 

Where does the Oracle database get the live data from?

Thanks for your reaponse.

the oracle gets data from external system.

I every second a lot of rows are inserted in database.

there is a video on youtube and I'd like to analyze the potential risk on oracle before implementing it.

https://youtu.be/vpD_PKtcTj8?si=BvALkZsN_uEPWnEn

have the external system push the rows into the streaming dataset. Note that there are size limits - a streaming dataset won't hold more than 5 million rows.

Thanks for your response. Are there any articles or sources I can read and know how to push the rows into the streaming dataset?  I don't have knowledge to do it and would like to know how to do it 

much appreciated 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.