Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rubix12
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to extract a table from Power BI and Load it in Python using the Power BI API?

Hi, I am currently trying to use the Power BI REST API to retrieve the data in a table in a Power BI dataset. 

I am using the Azure client secret as an extra security measure. 

I have used the API to return a list of workspaces in a pandas dataframe. This has worked perfectly. 

However, I cannot get the API to extract data from a table in a dataset in the same workspace. 

The data pipeline plan is to:

Use Power BI to extract the data from the data warehouse - Done

Use Power BI API in Python to extract the data from the dataset table and load it into a Pandas DataFrame in Python - Failed

Use data in a machine learning model - Not Tested

Export clean data back into Power BI to build visuals

Does anyone have any knowledge or know if it is possible to extract data from a Power BI table and export it into Python using the Power BI API?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
LevGe
Regular Visitor

Rubix12
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Due to time constraints, I have had to use a manual workaround, which will be good for future development. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.