Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sinnamorati
Regular Visitor

Integrate Power BI with Dynamics (or external app) by Application user

Hi everyone,

I'd like to improve Power BI and the communication with other apps.

I heard it's possibile by Application user and this settings is more secure than the actual user (username+password) and limitless.

I asked a feedback from your experience and some technical support to migrate to this setting.

Thanks for your help.

bye,

Silvia Innamorati

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sinnamorati ,

According to your statement, I think you want to integrate Power BI with Dynamics (or external app) without sign in with username and password.

As far as I know, you may refer to embedded for customer.

For reference:

Tutorial: Embed Power BI content using a sample embed for your customers' application

This method will generate embed tokens to your customers and they do not need to sign in with Power BI account.

Workflow:

Authentication flows

RicoZhou_0-1665564657778.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sinnamorati ,

According to your statement, I think you want to integrate Power BI with Dynamics (or external app) without sign in with username and password.

As far as I know, you may refer to embedded for customer.

For reference:

Tutorial: Embed Power BI content using a sample embed for your customers' application

This method will generate embed tokens to your customers and they do not need to sign in with Power BI account.

Workflow:

Authentication flows

RicoZhou_0-1665564657778.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.