Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Nexxo
Frequent Visitor

How much cost a unique accessToken?

Hi, I'm developing a web application where I'm going to embed PowerBI dashboards for some clients and I would like to know what the cost of each AccessToken generated would be, remembering that one would be generated for each client every 2 hours. We would start with a base of 10 customers. Looking forward to your reply!

2 REPLIES 2
Nexxo
Frequent Visitor

@v-rzhou-msft 

I expressed myself wrong. I would like to know how much the access token generated at: https://login.windows.net/common/oauth2/token costs

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nexxo ,

According to your statement, I think that you want to embed for your clients. I think you may use app owns data. In this way, your clients can see embedded reports without logining Power BI. You need to generate Embed token to them. 

Embed tokens with Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license are intended for development testing, so a Power BI master account or service principal can only generate a limited number of tokens.

Purchase a capacity for embedding in a production environment. There's no limit to how many embed tokens you can generate when you purchase a capacity. Go to Available Features to check the usage value that indicates the current embedded usage in percentage.

So you need to purchase a capacity to get no limitation in numbers of embed tokens. You can Purchase A SKU,P SKU or EM SKU based on your requirement.

For reference:

Which SKU should I use?

What is Power BI Premium?

How to purchase Power BI Premium

Purchase Power BI Premium for testing (A SKU)

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.