Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

suryaramans
Regular Visitor

Get all groups and users in tenant

Hello, 

I was wondering if it would be possible to get all the groups and the users from PowerBi.

I know the REST API can give me the groups of a particular user and then I can use those groups to get all the users in that group. I want to know if it is possible to get all the groups that are in the tenant itself. 

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@suryaramans wrote:

Hello, 

I was wondering if it would be possible to get all the groups and the users from PowerBi.

I know the REST API can give me the groups of a particular user and then I can use those groups to get all the users in that group. I want to know if it is possible to get all the groups that are in the tenant itself. 

TIA!

@suryaramans

Yes, Power BI REST API could only return the groups of a particular user who's a member of.

Power BI groups are actually O365 groups, you could find all groups in the tenant by visiting https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home#/groups with a tenant admin account. The corrlated REST API should be a Graph API, check Operations on groups | Graph API reference

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@suryaramans wrote:

Hello, 

TIA!

@suryaramans

Yes, Power BI REST API could only return the groups of a particular user who's a member of.

Power BI groups are actually O365 groups, you could find all groups in the tenant by visiting https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home#/groups with a tenant admin account. The corrlated REST API should be a Graph API, check Operations on groups | Graph API reference

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.