Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mai_Nashaat
Helper II
Helper II

Get Data from different tables in specific formate

Hi everybody,

I'm struggling with an issue hope anybody will help me solve it. please

I've table for target of the sales with company name 

A table with company names, branches and sales

I've data in this shape and I want to combine it such that I have a matrix with company names in a row that drills down to the branches and each branch has its sales.

x.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in Power Query there is a "Fill Down"  transformation that you can apply to the Comp Name column in your second table ("Table 3").  That will then allow you to properly assign branches to companies.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Mai_Nashaat,

As lbendlin said, you can use the 'fill down' feature to fill the company name in your table 3 then you can create a relationship between two tables 'company name' fields, then you can simply use two table fields to create matrix visuals. (company name, targe, branch on row field, sales as value field)

How to Fill Down Blank or Null Cells in Power Query 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

in Power Query there is a "Fill Down"  transformation that you can apply to the Comp Name column in your second table ("Table 3").  That will then allow you to properly assign branches to companies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.