Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Strongbuck
Helper I
Helper I

Gantt 2.2.3 Hover - Can it be customized?

I created a chart using the free Microsoft 2.2.3 Gantt chart visual.  The data that I used only has a required date (start date) with only the tasks completed having an end date.  To display the data, I created a duration column.  The following is a sample dataset.

Project Turnover TaskDate Required (MM/DD/YYYY)Date Completed (MM/DD/YYYY)Status (Blank, WIP or Completed)
(N/A; WIP; Complete)
Task 13/5/20243/1/2024Complete
Task 23/5/20243/5/2024Complete
Task 33/5/20243/8/2024Complete
Task 44/2/2024 WIP
Task 56/1/2024  
Task 6  N/A
Task 77/1/2024 WIP

The chart itself looks correct but the hover is not reporting the data properly.  Please see the screenshot below.  I need to at a minimin suppress the End Data field, which is reflecting 1 day when the duration is actually negative.

Gantt 223 Hover.png

I have read and tried to implement quite a few post suggestions but nothing worked.

Is there away (maybe using Python) to display my own hover data fields?  Any suggestions are appreciated!!

2 REPLIES 2
Strongbuck
Helper I
Helper I

I just tried to see if I could setup the visual to use a custom tooltip page but it didn't work.  I guess even though the Gantt 2.2.3 visual is from Microsoft, they made it so you don't have too many option to customize the hover.

Here is the calculation I wrote.  The reason the data is negative is because the task was completed before it was due.

Duration No = SWITCH (TRUE(),
'All_Projects'[Date Required] <> Blank() && [Date Completed] <> Blank() && 'All_Projects'[Date Required] <> 'All_Projects'[Date Completed], DATEDIFF ('All_Projects'[Date Required],'All_Projects'[Date Completed],DAY),
'All_Projects'[Date Required] <> Blank() && 'All_Projects'[Date Required] = 'All_Projects'[Date Completed], 1,
'All_Projects'[Date Required] <> Blank() &&  [Date Completed] = Blank(), 1,
Blank()
)
I looked at the pricing for the xVjz version and it isn't cheap.  The Microsoft version is fine except for the hover.  We don't want to sprend money when it meets our needs on all of the other fronts.

Does anyone know if the Microsoft Gantt 2.2.3 is due for an upgrade?  Maybe they added additional options for the tooltip.  I'm sure I;m not the only one that as run into this issue.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Strongbuck ,

Base on your description, it seems that you’re experiencing issues with the duration being displayed incorrectly, it might be due to how the duration is being calculated. If the duration is negative, it might be worth checking the formula used to calculate the duration to ensure it’s correct. How did you set the Gantt visual? Could you please provide the related formula of calculating the duration?

In addition, please check if there are other Gantt chart visuals available in the Power BI marketplace that might offer more customization options. For example, 'Gantt Chart-xViz’ is one such visual that allows adjustments to be made.

Gantt Chart - xViz 

vyiruanmsft_0-1710148171780.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.