Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Free user doing the on-demand refresh?

Hi,

I am using Powerapps and Power Automate to create a refresh button and attach it to the main page of Power BI report --to allow users to have an on-demand refresh. I'm developing the entire solution with a pro license, while my user is under a free license.

So if I'm going with PowerApps and Power Automate to refresh the dataset then is a Pro license required or not for the user?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

I hope you will be using Power Automate to refresh the Power BI dataset. This is not based on user and it is based which Power BI account you used in Power Automate on Power BI dataset refresh action.

Thanks

Hari

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

I hope you will be using Power Automate to refresh the Power BI dataset. This is not based on user and it is based which Power BI account you used in Power Automate on Power BI dataset refresh action.

Thanks

Hari

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hari, thanks for your reply. 

Another problem that I faced is this type of error when I want to schedule a refresh. 

{"error":{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error","pbi.error":{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error_Details_Label","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Refresh is not supported for datasets with a calculated table or calculated column that depends on a table which references Analysis Services using DirectQuery."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

Do you know how can I disable Analysis Services from scheduled refresh?

Hi,

There is a similar error thread already open. Please refer this - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refreshes-for-Datasets-containing-Calculated-Tables-over-Di...

Thanks

Hari

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.