Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wtdpon
Helper I
Helper I

Error opening definition.pbir: Matrix cannot be null

Hi everyone,

We are using power bi git integration to keep track of all the versions of our datasets and reports. I have encountered an error with one of the reports (so far, only with this one) where I cannot open the definition.pbir file because it says "the matrix cannot be null. name of the parameter: bytes".

I have tried disconnecting the workspace from git, removing the workspace folder from git and connecting again anf the issue is still ongoing.

Has anyone had this issue before? Does anyone know how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wtdpon
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed:
I downloaded the folders from the github repo directly and the error changed to "Unsupported column name "XXXX " has been found in table schema". This led me to this thread and the issue is solved after changing a column name: Power BI Git Clone Error Message: Unsupported Meas... - Microsoft Fabric Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wtdpon
Helper I
Helper I

Fixed:
I downloaded the folders from the github repo directly and the error changed to "Unsupported column name "XXXX " has been found in table schema". This led me to this thread and the issue is solved after changing a column name: Power BI Git Clone Error Message: Unsupported Meas... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.