Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Tattybear

Embedded with Service Principale to realize the RLS

According to the online document, I download the demo. and I also input all the information.

when I try the "MasterUser" mode (Native App), I could use a new username as the viewer, and this username could be shown in the report. (The report only use the DAX function to show the username)

When I try the "Service Principale" mode, I couldn't use a new username as the viewer, and when the system want to get the embedded token from the API, it returns the error message as below:

"

Creating embed token for accessing dataset c19edf02-1723-4c74-8b5c-9669dd43426a shouldn't have effective identity

"

Does anybody have an experience with that? Or could you kindly give me an idea please?

If you have the relative experience, please kindly help me. thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tattybear,

How did you configure your RLS roles? AFAIK, username and service principal may get the different values from the same user.

Please take a look at the below document of service principal if it meets your scenarios::

Row-level security with Power BI Embedded#working-with-analysis-services-live-connections 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.