Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ale3tech

Embed report with dataset automatically updated

Hi,

I'm new with PowerBI and I'm trying to understand its potential. I've created on power BI desktop a report with data synced from a mysql source, then I published it on my power BI account; I also installed on my server the data gateway and I setted the update of my data every day. Finally I embedded my report on a static web page.

Every day my data are updated on power BI account, but the embedded code are not, so every time I need to delete it and create a new one.

What's the solution to have every day the updated data on web? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ale3tech

Updates to reports, and data refresh

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make. However, it’s important to know that it can take a while for update to be visible to your users. Updates to a report or visual take approximately one hour to be reflected in Publish to web embed codes.

When you initially use Publish to web to get an embed code, the embed code link is immediately active and can be viewed by anyone who opens the link. After the initial Publish to web action, subsequent updates to reports or visuals to which a Publish to web link points can take approximately one hour to be visible to your users.

To learn more, see the How it works section later in this article. If you need your updates to be immediately available, you can delete the embed code and create a new one.

Data refresh

Data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. It can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes. You can disable automatic refresh by selecting do not refresh on the schedule for the dataset used by the report.

For more info:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-publish-to-web/

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

@ale3tech

Updates to reports, and data refresh

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make. However, it’s important to know that it can take a while for update to be visible to your users. Updates to a report or visual take approximately one hour to be reflected in Publish to web embed codes.

When you initially use Publish to web to get an embed code, the embed code link is immediately active and can be viewed by anyone who opens the link. After the initial Publish to web action, subsequent updates to reports or visuals to which a Publish to web link points can take approximately one hour to be visible to your users.

To learn more, see the How it works section later in this article. If you need your updates to be immediately available, you can delete the embed code and create a new one.

Data refresh

Data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. It can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes. You can disable automatic refresh by selecting do not refresh on the schedule for the dataset used by the report.

For more info:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-publish-to-web/

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.