Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

freebird28
Frequent Visitor

Embed Thoughtspot viz in PBI

Hi!

I'd like to know if Thoughtspot visuals can be embedded into Power BI. Thoughtspot says ThoughtspotREST APIs can let us get Liveboard and visualization data from the ThoughtSpot application and embed data from visualizations and Liveboards in a webpage, portal, or application. I'd like to know how to use this with Power BI. Has anyone come across such examples? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
freebird28
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for your response. It is not about creating our custom PBI visuals but about embedding Thoughtspot liveboards and other functionality inside PBI. I have been searching a lot but did not come across any example. But I shall use your advice if I have a need to pull in the data alone from ThoughtSpot. Thank you.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @freebird28 ,

Power BI provides a reliable framework for creating custom visual objects using either our own data sources or external ones, and Power BI visual objects are packaged in files that contain the code used to render the data provided to them.

To create custom Power BI visual objects using data from ThoughtSpot, you can view the documentation below:

Develop custom visuals in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

When the custom visual objects are ready and packaged as a file, they can be imported into a Power BI report

Import Power BI visuals from AppSource or from a file - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.