Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

abyd0s

Datasets - Take Over In Group (when using dataflow as source)

Hi,

So I've already got a service principle setup and using it to refresh dataflows and datasets and that's working fine.

Then our infrastructure team started rolling our 2FA and datasets started failing to refresh.

Because although the service principle is triggering the refresh they are owned by end users with 2FA.

I found a video from guyinacube about using a service principle as the owner of a dataset.

And can use the rest apis to do that but then have no credentials to complete the refresh.

The guyinacube video details how to allow the service principle to access datasources on a gateway.

But I'm using dataflows as a datasource and I'm just hitting a brickwall trying to figure out the correct commands to use.

If anyone has managed this and can help that would be so good.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abyd0s,

I check the document list but did not find the take own API in the rest API dataflow group. So I think currently you can not do similar operations as the dataset.  Perhaps you can submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @abyd0s,

I check the document list but did not find the take own API in the rest API dataflow group. So I think currently you can not do similar operations as the dataset.  Perhaps you can submit an idea for this requirement.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

However my query was how to reset the credentials on a dataset using a dataflow as a datasource after it's taken over by a service principle (not how to take over a dataflow).

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.