Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JamesWo

Data connection to ADP

Has anyone ever connected Power BI to ADP (or any othe HR Information System) via the Web connection? I pulled information from here: https://developers.adp.com/articles/api/all and used the main URL address of https://api.adp.com. However, when our HR staff types in their credentials, they get a "couldn't authenticate" error message. I have a call scheduled with ADP tomorrow where I think they are going to try and sell us something but I am curious to know if anyone else has done this successfully.

JamesWo_0-1643906333513.png

JamesWo_1-1643906350014.png

JamesWo_2-1643906360592.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JamesWo

The answer to my dilemma, is purchasing ADP's Data Cloud product. With that solution, ADP provides access to download the mez file for the connector. It’s not expensive but a little annoying. On the plus side, that also gives us access to all their benchmark data so that’s a huge win.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
JamesWo

The answer to my dilemma, is purchasing ADP's Data Cloud product. With that solution, ADP provides access to download the mez file for the connector. It’s not expensive but a little annoying. On the plus side, that also gives us access to all their benchmark data so that’s a huge win.

Hi Bud. Do you know if the ADP Data Cloud product, specifically the Mez file, will allow the report to be published and use a Data Refersh schedule?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't but I haven't personally tested it and have given up on the connection for the moment since I don't get the source data.

James,

My mez file connector is limiting the import to 50 rows. Have you found a workaround for this?

No, as I kind of gave up on pulling this in to PBI after I realized I wasn't getting the source data. However, they recently updated their mez file so I haven't see what the changes are.

They fixed the 50 row import problem, but I have also given up, as I am getting errors and incomplete datasets on import. 

Have you tried publishing the report and scheduling a data refresh? When I tried with a Mez file that was created last week, scheduling a data refresh was not an option and it displayed a message of "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh: Data source for Query1".

J

Benchmark data.............to you get access to the underlying tables as well?

Sorry for the late reply to everyone. I don't remember getting notifications that a reply was even posted. However, it's forcing me to log in to a federated account now and for some reason, it doesn't like my old user ID (hence the new handle).

All that to say, no. This turned out to be useless as all you get is the analyzed data, not the source data. That was quite disapointing. They do have a decent portal for viewing the metrics but if you have other non-HR KPIs in a dashboard, it would be nice to see everything together and also to minipulate the data for other KPIs that they aren't reporting on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the mez connector for Power BI (custom connector)?

correct

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesWo ,

Try to make a requisition of authentication.Each API is different from each other, therefore you need to read the API specification before using it.Pleae Try send the Token address, Username, and Password in power query.

You can refer to these blogs:

https://www.kasperonbi.com/getting-data-into-power-query-with-the-twitter-search-api-how-to-hack-pq-... 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/accessing-api-oauth2-using-m-language-power-bi-diogenes-santos 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.