Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rohong
Regular Visitor

Building a navigation table for cube data source

I'm attempting to build a custom connector for a cube data source. I'd like to model the navigation behaviors like the Adobe Analytics Connector that is available. In the example video, it showed a navigator that allowed the users to select both measures and dimensions for the query before applying and generating data. Is there any documentation or references that show how that behavior is achievable? So far in the navigation table samples, only tables and functions are covered. 

I've attached screenshots from the example below showing the dimension and measure selection workflow

Thanks!

rohong_0-1681170969682.png

rohong_1-1681170981257.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohong ,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to connect to Adobe Analytics. And you can't find Dimensions and Measures in the navigator. First, please make sure those info exist in Adobe Analytics source exactly. Then which version of Adobe Analytics API you selected in below screenshot? Please select the latest one: 2.0... 

Adobe Analytics 2.0 APIs

vyiruanmsft_0-1681266764875.png

If the above one still not working, you can consider to raise one ticket in Adobe Analytics community due to this connector refer a third-party service.

Adobe Analytics Dimensions and Measures missing in Power BI

In addition, you can refer the following links to create a custom connector...

Power BI Custom Connector: Connect to Any Data Sources. Hello World! - RADACAD

Custom Data Connector: How to Deploy and Test

video: Create custom connectors in Power Bi

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rena,

I'm not looking to connect to Adobe Analytics. I want to develop a custom connector that presents a Navigator view that looks like the one in the screenshots. I was using it as a UI reference. I'm looking to understand the Power Query M definitions that would let me build the right table and types. Currently, the documentation does not have much information beyond simple tables and functions, no cubes, measures, or dimensions.

Thanks!

Have you found a solution or example how to create something like this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.