Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

coffey88
Frequent Visitor

API activePage.getFilters() throws 500 after drill through from a page with bookmark applied.

We have a report page with bookmark applied. After clicking an item to drill through to, the embed drills through successfully. However I am trying to get the current filters/visuals from the active page during the 'rendered' event. I have found that if I have the settings like this:

settings: {
            panes: {
                filters: {
                    visible: true,
                    expanded: true
                },
            }
}
The activePage.getFilters works as expected. However when visible is false. I can debug to a 500 from PBIs api request.

If their is no bookmark state applied, it does not 500. I wonder if it has to do with a filter that is within the bookmark state. When the filters are visible, I noticed this filter in the result of getFilters, that stood out to me:
{
"$schema": "http://powerbi.com/product/schema#notSupported",
"target": null,
"filterType": 2,
"message": "Not supported filter type - can't serialize to json syntax.",
"notSupportedTypeName": "Passthrough"
}
I wonder if this is some how breaking the non-visible getFilters call? This was all reproducable in the PBI Playground. From a developer POV, the visibility of filters should not determine the result of the getFilters API call.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.