Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lucie_raboch
Frequent Visitor

when unselect all values showing still all values

Hello,

I have a slicer and line chart, when I unselect all values from slicer I expecting that the line will be blank, but it is still showing all values, see print screen. 

lucie_raboch_0-1715707875136.png

lucie_raboch_1-1715707919798.png

Can I somehow make the line be invisible when I unselect all values?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lucie_raboch ,

Thanks to @ExcelMonke  for the reply, please allow me to provide another insight:

When all values are deselected in a slicer, the slicer does not filter any values, that is, all values are displayed. Therefore, selecting nothing and selecting all are the same logic.

1. Modify measure.

Measure =
VAR _sum = SUM(financials[Sales])
RETURN
IF(NOT ISFILTERED('financials'[Country]),0,_sum)

2. Hold down the CTRL key to manually select all values in the slicer to create a bookmark.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715756060058.png

3. Create a button that can select all.

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715756126159.png

vkaiyuemsft_2-1715756136736.png    vkaiyuemsft_3-1715756136737.png

4. The result of not selecting any value and holding down the CTRL key when clicking the button is as shown below. More details can be found in the pbix attachment.

vkaiyuemsft_4-1715756168892.png

vkaiyuemsft_5-1715756168896.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lucie_raboch ,

Thanks to @ExcelMonke  for the reply, please allow me to provide another insight:

When all values are deselected in a slicer, the slicer does not filter any values, that is, all values are displayed. Therefore, selecting nothing and selecting all are the same logic.

1. Modify measure.

Measure =
VAR _sum = SUM(financials[Sales])
RETURN
IF(NOT ISFILTERED('financials'[Country]),0,_sum)

2. Hold down the CTRL key to manually select all values in the slicer to create a bookmark.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715756060058.png

3. Create a button that can select all.

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715756126159.png

vkaiyuemsft_2-1715756136736.png    vkaiyuemsft_3-1715756136737.png

4. The result of not selecting any value and holding down the CTRL key when clicking the button is as shown below. More details can be found in the pbix attachment.

vkaiyuemsft_4-1715756168892.png

vkaiyuemsft_5-1715756168896.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is working, just change 0 --> blank and line is blank 🙂 Thank you so much

lucie_raboch
Frequent Visitor

This is the measure, as you can see everything has been unselect and it is still showing line with total

lucie_raboch_0-1715748534069.png

Basically there is no difference between Select ALL and Unselect ALL in this slicer. Or?

ExcelMonke
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

There may be two things going on here:

1. your filter is not interacting with the graph. When you click the slicer, go to Format (top bar), and select interactions. Make sure that it is toggled to interact with the chart
  2. your measure to calculate the Y-Axis value may contain an ALL() clause (or other filter clauses), which will ignore the page slicer.

Hi, thank you for your answer. My filter has interaction with the table and I have very simple measure contains SUM function, there are no filters, it looks to me like standard behaviour of slicers in Powerbi but why? How can I avoid this.

In order to best understand, I would have to see the measure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.