Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nickbeltran7
Frequent Visitor

update slicer selection based on visual selection

Hi there, I am working on a real estate project (PowerBI, September 2023 version), and I have the following question: Is there any way I can update my slicers based on my visual selection? For example, if I select a specific bar in a visual (NYC), I want my slicer to just show NYC (don't show the other cities). Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Igna
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello, 

I guess this is the solution to your problem : https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/syncing-slicers-in-power-bi/

Tell me if it helps 

Igna

View solution in original post

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nickbeltran7 ,

Sorry, currently it's unsupported. You choose NYC This operation, in fact, is called highlighting. Highlighting does not have a screening effect. 

vstephenmsft_0-1697534340703.png

The workaround here is to filter using a filter. The filter is located below. Make sure use the page level filters.

vstephenmsft_1-1697534482855.png

Filters and highlighting in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nickbeltran7 ,

Sorry, currently it's unsupported. You choose NYC This operation, in fact, is called highlighting. Highlighting does not have a screening effect. 

vstephenmsft_0-1697534340703.png

The workaround here is to filter using a filter. The filter is located below. Make sure use the page level filters.

vstephenmsft_1-1697534482855.png

Filters and highlighting in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

Thanks Stephen, it worked.

Igna
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello, 

I guess this is the solution to your problem : https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/syncing-slicers-in-power-bi/

Tell me if it helps 

Igna

It was helpful, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.