Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

table data presentation

Hi All,

I have a table table1. but i want that table to be shown in my report tab like it is in the below format (right table) in PowerBI using a visual or power query or anything else . can this happen?

Capture11.PNG

Regards,

Chahat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Anonymous 

If so, you need to duplicate the basic data and transform it in duplicate table.

2.JPG

Then create the relationship by Name

3.JPG

Result:

4.JPG

and here is sample pbix file, please try it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous tranform the data in power query, copy following script and then use matrix visual to product the result

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSs5ILMrJTFXSUTI0NAKSRsaGSrE60UqpRZnJYK4JkDQ2MlKKjQUA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Name = _t, col1_fd = _t, col2_rd = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Name", type text}, {"col1_fd", Int64.Type}, {"col2_rd", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Unpivoted Other Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(#"Changed Type", {"Name"}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Inserted Text After Delimiter" = Table.AddColumn(#"Unpivoted Other Columns", "col_tag", each Text.AfterDelimiter([Attribute], "_"), type text),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Inserted Text After Delimiter", "Name New", each ([Name]&" " &[col_tag]), type text),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Name", "col_tag"}),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Removed Columns",{{"Name New", "Name"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@Anonymous file attached, look at table (4) steps, there are other tables in the model, just ignore those

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k thankyou so much for your help. but I need to show both the tables (showing the same data but just in different format) in my report tab. so can i achieve this in dax or some other way so that i can show both the tables visuals through one data table only.

Capture11.PNG.   

Regards,

Chahat

HI @Anonymous 

If so, you need to duplicate the basic data and transform it in duplicate table.

2.JPG

Then create the relationship by Name

3.JPG

Result:

4.JPG

and here is sample pbix file, please try it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Well, the problem I got stuck to in referencing the columnnames rather than the values in those columns. I was thinking something allong the lines of using UNION() and SELECTEDCOLUMNS() to create a new table but because you also want to keep the original columns it isn't really an unpivot action. 

Few questions: are the column names static or do you want this to be dynamic? Can you change the source? Do you want this to be done in power query or in DAX?

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Kudo's are welcome 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Go to power query editor - - > select Name column - - > go to transform tab - - > unpivot column.

After that in above name column append "fd" at the end of the text.

Please give Kudos and accept this as a solution if it helps you.
Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.