Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

benjaminzaidner
Frequent Visitor

sum by category

Hi, I need your help please in power bi, I have a truck column, date, ticket name, and shipping number, I want to summarize a unique value, if a truck arrived with one card name and has two shipping numbers in the same date, it is considered one amount, if the truck arrived with different card name And the same dates, everyone has to summarize, I made an auxiliary column and summarized according to that, but it doesn't sound right to me. My goal at the end is to make a summary for each truck according to the amount of shipments it handled, after that I want to filter for transactions up to 100, between 100 and 800 and 800 and above. But if I don't recognize the unique values I will distort the result.

Shipments.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
benjaminzaidner
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the initial answer, unfortunately I still haven't managed ,I will try to explain again and I have also uploaded a new picture with the result that should be reached, If a certain truck arrived at a certain customer on the same date, then the transaction is considered as one transaction and the amount must be summed up, in any case the amount must be summed up for each truck but as soon as it arrives at the same customer on the same date then the same day must be summed up for that customer, in addition I have to To do this for a group called "menta cust", I have to do the summary once for truck 1, once for truck 2 and once for truck 3, at least show me for truck 1 the rest I will complete, I have the dates in the data file, I don't need to show them in the query, I just want to know the amount for each truck so that I will spread it on the report and it will be visible., thank you very much.PIcture.png

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@benjaminzaidner Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?
Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.