Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Hadi2021
Helper II
Helper II

"Inquiry About Gantt Visual & User Licensing"

Hello everyone,

Our company utilizes the following Gantt visual: 
xViz Gantt Chart - Power BI Advanced Custom Visual

The cost is approximately $10 per month per user. I have a couple of inquiries regarding this:

• Is there a free alternative available (perhaps a standard matrix with extensive conditional formatting), or maybe a more economical visual that provides comparable results?
  • How is the number of users determined? Is it based on the total workspace users or the number of users allowed simultaneous access to the visuals? For instance, our registration covers 100 users, but only 6 users require access (while 100 is the total number of users with access to the entire report).
  • Could splitting the Gantt visual into separate reports potentially reduce the number of users required?
  • Additionally,  what would be visible to other users if the number of viewers exceeds the licensed amount?

Thank you in advance.

Hadi2021_0-1715070492955.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you so much for the detailed answer!

I just have one point that's still a bit unclear. Let's say I have 200 users who need access to the Gantt visual, but on average, no more than 15 users will access the report simultaneously. Should I be getting licenses for all 200 users, or just for the 15 who access it at the same time?

Thanks again, and I appreciate your continued support!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jtian-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@Hadi2021 .@Ritaf1983, thank you very much for some effective help on these issues!
And I would like to share some of my suggestions

Let me answer your questions in turn.

Q1: Is there a free alternative available (perhaps a standard matrix with extensive conditional formatting), or maybe a more economical visual that provides comparable results?

A1:You want to find an alternative to the xViz Gantt Chart that your company is currently using.

You can do this by going to visuals > get more visuals in the power bi desktop and searching in the mall for an alternative that you are happy with.

Here are some of my suggestions:

vjtianmsft_0-1715137660664.png

You can choose the visuals according to the usage level, such as Gantt Chart by MAQ Software, which is priced (1 - 99 users): First month free, then $3.00/user/month (this could be a viable option).

Its pricing (1 - 99 users): First month free, then $3.00/user/month (This could be a viable option).

Gantt Chart by MAQ Software can meet your alternative requirements: it costs less than xViz Gantt Chart.

But most importantly, you need to choose the right alternative according to your company's business needs.

Q2:How is the number of users determined? Is it based on the total workspace users or the number of users allowed simultaneous access to the visuals?

A2: The number of users is usually based on the number of licences purchased. If you purchase 100 licences, then up to 100 users can have simultaneous access to the reports and visual elements. Now if only 6 users need to create a report with a Gantt chart and publish it to the servcie. But the other users, who need to access the report with Gantt charts, as Viewers, also need to have licences. You need to buy 100 licences.

For this question, you can also visit the community section of the xViz Gantt Chart website, where there are questions similar to the one you are asking now!
URL: FAQ - xViz - Advanced Visuals for Power BI
like this:

vjtianmsft_1-1715137702198.png

Q3:Could splitting the Gantt visual into separate reports potentially reduce the number of users required?

A3:I think this is possible, if a user accesses a report with xViz Gantt Chart visual, then he needs a license, but if you make the content with xViz Gantt Chart visual into separate reports from the content with other important information, and let only some users buy licenses to use the report with xViz Chart visual into separate reports from the content with other important information, and let only some users buy licenses to use the report with xViz Gantt Chart visual (buy licences for them), let other users who have not bought licences use other reports.
Q4: What would be visible to other users if the number of viewers exceeds the licensed amount?
A4:If the number of viewers exceeds the licensed number, other users may not be able to see xViz Gantt Chart visuals in the report.
You can visit the following websites and ask similar questions .
URL: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) | xViz

vjtianmsft_2-1715137746129.png

I hope my suggestions  give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much for the detailed answer!

I just have one point that's still a bit unclear. Let's say I have 200 users who need access to the Gantt visual, but on average, no more than 15 users will access the report simultaneously. Should I be getting licenses for all 200 users, or just for the 15 who access it at the same time?

Thanks again, and I appreciate your continued support!

Hello,@Hadi2021 
Based on your description, I think you still need to buy licenses for all users, according to the official website:
*Fair Usage Policy Applies: Every viewer involved in the process of accessing Power BI reports that include an xViz visual must have a license. Licenses cannot be shared, nor can be transferred between team members.
url: Pricing - xViz - Advanced Visuals for Power BI

vjtianmsft_0-1715161680426.png

So I suggest you to check the official website to see how much money you need if you choose the Domain wide license option, and compare it with purchasing a license for a corporate user. Choose the less expensive and more cost-effective option.

Or you can choose a suitable alternative based on the previous responses without affecting the business needs of your company.

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Carson Jian,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hadi2021 
We have a few free gantts :

1. Gantt of microsoft

Ritaf1983_0-1715134586194.png

2. Gantt of Lingaro 

Ritaf1983_1-1715134745599.png

3. You can create Gantt with Deneb template .
There is a tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOhAxulPAoc

Regarding the other questions, you can ask xviz support here :

https://community.xviz.com/c/faq?post_login_redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.xviz.com%2F

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.