Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

zervino
Helper I
Helper I

"Filters on this visual" for multiple visuals

Is it possible to select multiple visuals in one page and apply the same "Filters on this visual" to them?

I have a page with multiple "Card" visuals (ie. each representing a different KPI), so around 80 cards in one page.

The page shows 10 KPIs for each LOB (8 LOBs are shown, but more exist).

So I would like to be able to select 10 cards and change the "Filter on this visual" for only those 10 cards and select a specific LOB.

Right now I have to go visual by visual modifying this filter, so 80 cards, which is time consuming. Sometimes I need to show data for different LOBs, so that means modifying many individual cards one by one.

2 REPLIES 2
chonchar
Helper V
Helper V

Couple ideas here:

You can create bookmarks and tie them to the cards; or

You can use the "Edit interactions" function. The edit interactions you can toggle on/off what filters/cards affect other.

Hope this helps,

Cam

The filter is on the right side, there is no slicer for it.

My problem is as an example:

zervino_0-1698773079808.png

Here I have two cards (but imagine the same page has many other cards with different filters), one shows volume and another revenue. I would like both cards to have the filter "Type" applied.  In this case I would have to click on each card and add the Type filter and select the filter value.

With two cards this is fine, but when I have 80 cards, I would like to apply the same filter to groups of 10 cards (so 10 cards have the same filters, but show different kpis: revenue, volume, net volume, profit, etc)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.