Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

paginated report using sharepoint

can i create paginated report using below as source systems

1 sharepoint online list

2. sharepoint on premises list 

4 REPLIES 4
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powerbiexpert22 

@Sahir_Maharaj  Thanks you for sharing !

Yes, you can create paged reports using SharePoint Online and SharePoint local lists as source systems.

For SharePoint Online lists:

Export a paginated report for each row in an Excel Online table or SharePoint list - Power BI | Micr...

Solved: Paginted report from a Sharepoint Online list - Microsoft Fabric Community

For SharePoint local lists:

Although Power BI Report Builder does not directly support connectivity to SharePoint local lists, this can be resolved by using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to connect to local lists.

Alternatively, you can synchronize SharePoint local data to a cloud service such as Azure SQL Database and then connect Power BI Report Builder to that cloud service.

It is important to note that you can have multiple data sources for a single paged report, and you can create embedded data sources and datasets in the paged report itself.

However, you cannot use shared data sources or shared datasets to create reports in the Report Builder on the local computer.

What are paginated reports in Power BI? - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-nuoc-msft 

none of the approaches which you suggested can directly connect report builder with MS sharepoint online list, also we do not want to use SSRS reports so this option we cannot consider for connecting with MS sharepoint list for on premises

Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @powerbiexpert22,

Yes, you can. 

SharePoint Online List

• To connect to a SharePoint Online list, you would use the OData feed URL of your SharePoint list as the data source.
  • Once your paginated report is created in Power BI Report Builder, you can publish it to Power BI service, provided you have a Power BI Premium or a Premium Per User (PPU) license.

SharePoint On-Premises List

• To access a SharePoint On-Premises list, you'll need to use the On-premises data gateway.
  • SharePoint On-Premises lists can also be accessed via OData services

Note: For SharePoint Online, data refresh can be configured directly in Power BI service. For SharePoint On-Premises, ensure the On-premises data gateway is configured and running for scheduled refreshes.

Hope this helps!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 13K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

@Sahir_Maharaj 

there is no Odata connector available in power bi report builder 

powerbiexpert22_0-1710977977584.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.