Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mariaSam1014
Helper I
Helper I

not showing blank values so i can further fill up my data

IF EXPERTS CAN SHARE THEIR KNOWLEDGE IT WOULD BE GREAT
this date&Time column is a cutom powerquery column that is sorting my timestamps into 5 minutes intervals,
however when it is displayed with values in powerBi table visual it SKIPS the interval where no value is available,
I want to show all the intervals where the value is even blank so i can further fill my data(on visual side - that's requirement plz dont suggest changes to this)
so far i have tried:
1) separate date and time but that wont work too(I have seperate columns as well if this logic works well with seperate date and time i dont mind)
mariaSam1014_0-1712143285994.png

2) A MEASURE:
avergae value =
Var dataValues = SELECTEDVALUE('HUMIDITY DATA MODEL'[Value])
Return
IF((ISBLANK(dataValues)), " ", dataValues)

3) and the option on visual side that says SHOW ITEMS WITH NO DATA,
in this image both options can be seen NOT WORKING.
I REALLY NEED TO SHOW BLANKS as BLANKS(Not 0) AND ALL INSTANCES OF TIME STAMPS
mariaSam1014_0-1712142666938.png

in above image it is missing the timestamp instances like Tue, 13 Feb 2024 00:10:00
8 REPLIES 8
belvoir99
Resolver III
Resolver III

EDITED

Not entirely clear what you want but here's some thoughts:

• If you want to show all time intervals, the DateTime needs to be in a separate table, then joined one to many to the fact table. Then on the table visual, the DateTime should be in the Columns section. If you click on the dropdown icon next to the name, the option 'Show items with no data' can be selected.
  • you shouldn't then need the measure with IF(ISBLANK( as part of it.

I did the seperate table thing aswell but my next requirement is to fill down the values where the value is not present and when i put it in a calculated table, it doesnot refer in dax while i try to copy previous value.
Please see my this post i already posted a query but no response
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Really-stucked-in-this-need-help-to-generate-5-min...

So to 'fill down' values you can use Power Query for this - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/table-filldown 

its not on powerquery side. 

How do you plan to fill in the blank values? Just visually identifying them and filling them in the source file?

I created a similar thing and it shows the blank without any trick. The 1st screenshot is the source data in an XLS, which I then brought into PBI and displayed it as a table.

Blank values_1.jpgBlank values_2.jpg

my source file is csv and here is my query editor side

mariaSam1014_0-1712146068169.png

but when i put in table visual with these columns its does the same as my original question is 😞 I Really dont know how to sort this.

once I have blank values I can use the EARLIER(timestamp) and call the last nonBlankValue(initially i have this plan)

Can you share a snippet of your data?

I can share the data 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.