Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BCWdesign
Regular Visitor

multiple set of trend arrows in one table

I have used the below to add to my table to produce trend arrows 

This works great

However I now want to add a 2nd set based on different measure but am prevented from doing so?

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Column = SWITCH (TRUE(),[diff] > 0.05, UNICHAR(9650),[diff] >= 0 && [diff]<=0.05, UNICHAR(9654),[diff] < 0, UNICHAR(9660))

Screenshot 2024-05-01 105325.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@lbendlin Thanks for your contribution on this thread.

Hi @BCWdesign ,

It sounds like you are trying to add a second set of trend arrows to your table, but are encountering a circular dependency error when using the SWITCH formula. A circular dependency is detected whenever two objects reference each other, in such a way that Power BI cannot process the objects. You can refer the following blogs to understand the circular dependency in DAX and try the solution in the blogs to solve it.

Understanding circular dependencies in DAX - SQLBI

Avoiding circular dependency errors in DAX - SQLBI

Circular Dependency between Calculated Columns in ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

In addition, you can provide some sample data from your tables in Text format (excluding any sensitive information) and the formula of measure [Diff] This would greatly assist in identifying the problem and finding a solution. For instructions on how to share the required information, please refer to the following link: 

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

Best Regards 

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you seem to be trying to create a column from a measure. That will not work. 

What's behind [Difference & Round] ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.