Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

MattiaMaetini
Helper I
Helper I

live connection SSAS cube - stacked column chart hide column programmatically

Hi all,

I need to give to my end user the option to hide/unhide specific columns from a stacked column chart.

Right now, I create different bookmarks to obtain some similar results, but it frustraiting and time consuming.

I use a live connection to SSAS cube and I can't use Parameter fields: how could I try to do the same behavior?

BR,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattiaMaetini 

You can consider to change the connection mode from live connection to direct query mode so that you can use the field paramater, you can refer to the following solution to change the connection mode.

Click 'Change this mode' at the bottom right of Power BI Desktop.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1706150822958.png

Then select the table you need to connect.

vxinruzhumsft_1-1706150909422.png

Then you can change the mode to direct query mode and then you can use the paramater.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattiaMaetini 

You can consider to change the connection mode from live connection to direct query mode so that you can use the field paramater, you can refer to the following solution to change the connection mode.

Click 'Change this mode' at the bottom right of Power BI Desktop.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1706150822958.png

Then select the table you need to connect.

vxinruzhumsft_1-1706150909422.png

Then you can change the mode to direct query mode and then you can use the paramater.

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.