Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

koorosh
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

list price by product name

Hi All, How do create clustered column chart from DimProduct4 table with product name on X-axis and the ListPrice of each product on Y-axis?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It is a clustered column chart so it will require an aggregation.  Some aggregations (MIN, MAX, SUM) will work if there is only one 'item' in the table for each product i.e. it'll use an aggregation but the result will be the same as if there was no aggregation. 

Some of this data has multiple items for each product but there is a field called Status which can be used to identify the Current (or active item).  So you can filter the visual by putting Status = Current in the filter pane. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It is a clustered column chart so it will require an aggregation.  Some aggregations (MIN, MAX, SUM) will work if there is only one 'item' in the table for each product i.e. it'll use an aggregation but the result will be the same as if there was no aggregation. 

Some of this data has multiple items for each product but there is a field called Status which can be used to identify the Current (or active item).  So you can filter the visual by putting Status = Current in the filter pane. 

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Can you explain a bit more about what problem you are having?

Please check the following images. The Y-Axis is sum of ListPrice or count Listprice. I want to have the price of each product in the chart not count, sum or Ave.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.