Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

freebird28
Frequent Visitor

iFrame Embedded Report Not Displaying

Hi,

I have gone over some of the older posts regarding this but none of it works for me. 

I am trying to embed a PBI report published in a workspace inside another PBI report using HTML Content visual. I have access to the workspace and the report that I am trying to embed. However, it says 'Sign in to view this report' and nothing happens when I click on 'Sign in'. Just an fyi - when I try iFrame using another external website/blog it works.

<iframe title="XYZ" width="1140" height="541.25" src="https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=8a0e555c-49da-4142-8a97-e0132bac38dc&autoAuth=true&ctid=a00de4ec-48a8-43a6-be74-e31274e2060d" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

freebird28_0-1713301731865.png

I am trying to understand if this is something I can set right myself or need admin people to look into it. Any pointers?

Thank you so much for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @freebird28

This is probably due to some limitations of the HTML Content visual. If you are using the certified version of HTML Content visual, it has fewer features than the regular version as it is to comply with Microsoft's certification rules.

In addition, there are other limitations that may make it not work. To learn about why some contents don't work in the custom visual, you can go to CORS & Other Known Limitations | HTML Content - Custom Visual for Power BI (html-content.com) 

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Thank you @v-jingzhan-msft 

Is there any other regular visual that you'd recommend? I have tried HTML VizCreator Cert and Flex too. It's the same issue with those visuals.

I haven't found a custom visual that supports embedding a PBI report. This is probably due to some sandboxing rules but I'm not sure which specific rule may be the cause. As in Power BI, every custom visual is placed in a sandbox. It has some restrictions on the resources it can access. 

HTML Content visual's author has provided a link for collecting feedbacks about his custom visual. You may contact the author at his page about this issue and let him help investigate this. As he has much more experience in developing a custom visual, he may have some ideas about this. This is the page: Issues · dm-p/powerbi-visuals-html-content · GitHub

In addition, maybe you can consider publishing an app from a workspace in PBI Service. An app can include multiple reports in it and you can switch between reports easily. 

Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Thank you for your time and response @v-jingzhan-msft  I have been asked to contact another team to look into this since it is likely to involve embedding not just PBI but TS reports as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.