Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CraigBlackman
Helper III
Helper III

google analytics bounce rate percentages

Hi All.

I am trying to sum the bounce rate as a percentage in Power Bi Desktop using the Google Analytics data source.

My problem is that when I sum this data it does so cumulatively as opposed to an avaerage. 

How do i get over this as I have also created a measure that looks at the same data 1 year back and then teh percenatge change between those

Any help really appreciated

Thanks

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CraigBlackman,

You can Right-Click on the numeric column and choose the average as the summary mode.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CraigBlackman,

You can Right-Click on the numeric column and choose the average as the summary mode.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

If you have a page with 1,000 page views and a bounce rate of 20%, and a page with 1 page view and a bounce rate of 80%, Power BI would (depending of course on how your data are structured) reach an average bounce rate of 50%. Google Analytics, on the other hand, would do a weighted average, which in this example amounts to (1000*.2 + 1*.8)/1001 = 20.06%.

For this reason, it is better if you calculate the Bounce Rate metrics yourself. Since Bounce Rate is defined as Bounces/Sessions, you can import these two metrics, then create a measure in your report with the formula

DIVIDE(SUM([Bounces]), SUM([Sessions]))

It should to give you the same exactly number

Regards;

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi can you explain please how u do that? and where? If I edit my query and click right click on Bounce rate column I do not see an option to choose the average as the summary mode.

or i need to create new metric? 

PLz help have same issue with Bounce rate - does not match with GA (page - bounce rate)

@v-shex-msft, thank you, I always think there is a complicated way around these things and fail to look at them simplistically!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.