Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

yves007
Frequent Visitor

encountering error with aggregation

I'm encountering an aggregation issue in Power BI. My main table contains columns for product descriptions, product numbers, reference periods, and month-to-month percent changes in product prices. The second table contains only product description numbers in a hierarchical structure.

I've connected the tables to create a column chart, allowing me to drill down into the data. However, I'm noticing that the values are aggregating instead of displaying distinct values.

I've checked the relationships, and they seem to be set up correctly as one-to-many. Additionally, I've verified that my measures are referencing columns from the main table. Despite this, I'm still experiencing aggregation of values.

Any insights or suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @yves007 

Hard to help without seeing your data or ideally your file to see what you have done.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

vicky_
Super User
Super User

Most visuals (off the top of my head, only the regular table visual will allow you to not aggregate) will require you to aggregate the values somehow to display the data - this is just how it works. If you need distinct values, you need to make sure that each of your values will be distinct for the visible dimension(s) in the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.